Monday, January 21, 2013

New York : Strand Bookstore

As a true book lover I couldn't resist a visit to the Strand Bookstore in New York City.



It was charmingly chaotic with all those books. Old, new, rare and very common.

photo from Bookish NYC
They had a very cute section for children's books. There were actually children reading at the little tables and chairs! AWESOME. (I was so in awe that I totally forgot to take some pictures, dang)
Of course I couldn't leave without buying a book for my children. I wanted a cool book about New York. Since they don't speak or read English (yet), I needed a book with cute drawings.
Strand wouldn't be Strand if they didn't have just the perfect book on there shelves ;-)

My New York by Kathy Jakobsen
I bought My New York by Kathy Jakobsen. The kids really love it. They absolutely love all the foldout pages that show them around New York City. It is very informative and a great way of showing them what places we visited during our trip

foldout page Rockefeller Ice Rink and Christmas Tree
I could have spend hours and hours there, but my husband wanted to do some other sightseeing as well (and there is plenty to see in New York)

Me with a full Strand tote!
During our trip we did some more book lover stuff. NY Public Library and Morgan Library and Museum are next!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...