Friday, July 20, 2012

Book review - Sara Linton series by Karin Slaughter

On my other blog (Soapmade) I wrote a review about the Sara Linton series by Karin Slaughter.
I translated it from Dutch to English so everyone understands this post ;-)




I recently started reading her books and I read them in Dutch.
Everyone was talking about her books, but I didn’t feel like starting with the series (I have about 40 untouched books on the shelves so buying new ones is overdoing it a bit ;-)
Besides that I‘m a bit jealous of a Karin who did what I have been dreaming about for years. My own books published!

I didn’t read the books in the correct order, but I still was able to follow all of the storylines. It made me curious and I wanted to know what happened in the other books. (So I went ahead and bought all of them)

What was kind of annoying is the fact that some scenes were repeated in every book. It is understandable, but when I read the exact same description of Jeffrey’s  office for the third time I was kind of done with that.
It is good though, especially for readers like me who read the books in random order.

Below you will find the correct reading order for the Sara Linton series.
I started with  Indelible ( Onzichtbaar) than Blindsighted (Nachtschade) and read my way through all of her books.

2007
Beyond Reach (US) /
Skin Privilege 
(Worldwide)

Onaantastbaar
2005
Faithless
Trouweloos
2004
Indelible
Onzichtbaar
2003
A Faint Cold Fear
Een lichte koude huivering
2002
Kisscut
Zoenoffer
2001
Blindsighted
Nachtschade

source: Wikipedia

I really love these books. If you like thrillers than this series will make your heart pump faster.
They are bloody, thrilling and every murder is described in full detail. These are the first books that made me nauseous while reading!
Since I started reading this series, my bedtime starts really early. In bed with my book. I love it!

Sara Linton is the pediatrician and coroner for the town of Heartsdale, in rural Grant County, Georgia. She was born in Heartsdale at the Grant Medical Center and grew up in the town. An excellent student, in middle school she developed an interest in science and was able to get college-level tutoring from some of the professors at the local technological university. Sara went to Robert E. Lee High School where, due to her intelligence and hard work, she finished a year early. She spent her teenage summers working for her father's plumbing business, Linton & Daughters, and as a result is still an accomplished plumber. She could have gone into the family business but a fear of spider-ridden crawl spaces and the desire for challenge took her off to school amid the bright lights and big city excitement of Atlanta.

Facts:

  • first novel Blindsighted (2001) became an international success, was published in almost 30 languages, and made the Crime Writers' Association's Dagger Award shortlist for "Best Thriller Debut" of 2001.
  • Sara is "a tall drink of water," 5'11" to be exact. She has dark auburn hair and emerald green eyes, and is slim yet curvaceous. She has perfect skin, a smile that can make you think you're the only one in the world, and a biting wit. She's extremely intelligent, fiercely independent, aloof, and seldom opens up to people.

I would advice starting this series in winter, find a fireplace or a warm blanket and enjoy!
Can't wait to get started? Click on the links below and order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...